Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /məˈɹækjələs/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /məˈɹækjʊləs/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: mi‧rac‧u‧lous
- By supernatural or uncommon causes, e.g. by a god; that cannot be explained in terms of normal events.
- Very surprising; amazing.
- 2012 September 7, Phil McNulty, “Moldova 0-5 England”, in BBC Sport:
- If Moldova harboured even the slightest hopes of pulling off a comeback that would have bordered on miraculous given their lack of quality, they were snuffed out 13 minutes before the break when Oxlade-Chamberlain picked his way through midfield before releasing Defoe for a finish that should have been dealt with more convincingly by Namasco at his near post.
by supernatural or uncommon causes