Jump to navigation Jump to search
misstep (plural missteps)
- A step that is wrong, a false step.
- On a high ledge, a misstep could be fatal.
- (figuratively) An error or mistake.
- His comment was a misstep that could cost him dearly.
step that is wrong
error or mistake
- (intransitive) To step badly or incorrectly.
- My dance partner misstepped and landed on my toe.
- (intransitive) To make an error or mistake.
- I don't want to misstep by offending them.
to step badly or incorrectly
to make an error or mistake