Jump to navigation Jump to search
mixologist (plural mixologists)
- (humorous) A person who creates cocktails; a bartender. [from 1856]
- 1999, Bob Emmons, The Book of Gins and Vodkas: A Complete Guide, page 63:
- By the way, the difference between a bartender and a mixologist can be confusing, but normally a bartender serves the patrons at a sit-down style bar, where a mixologist would usually work at a very busy service-style bar.
- 2022 July 4, Ben Schott, “Is There Anything That Gen Z Won’t Drink?”, in The Washington Post:
- But now we see a split in the mixed-drink community. On one hand, cool bars and star mixologists are lauded and awarded as never before. On the other, booze brands are rushing to develop pre-mixed beverages for a burgeoning Ready to Drink (RTD) market.
- A disc jockey.
person who creates cocktails