Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hyphenation: mo‧no‧lect‧ic
- Rhymes: -ɛktɪk
monolectic (comparative more monolectic, superlative most monolectic)
- (entomology) Of or relating to an insect (especially a bee) which collects pollen from the flowers of a single plant species.
- (grammar) Of or relating to a term consisting of one word; one-worded, singleworded.
- A polylectic term is a multi-word term, as opposed to a monolectic term which is a one-word term.
- (entomology): oligolectic, polylectic
- (grammar): periphrastic
- (entomology): Edward M. Barrows (2001) Animal-behavior Desk Reference: A Dictionary of Animal Behavior, Ecology, and Evolution, 2nd edition, Boca Raton, Fla.: CRC Press, →ISBN.