Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (historical) A deity or other supernatural being said to have been worshipped by certain West African peoples; an idol.
- (religion) Any object of superstition; religious words and/or actions which are seen as superstitious or fraudulent.
- Rev. Quack's healing services are little more than mumbo jumbo.
- Any confusing or meaningless speech; nonsense, gibberish.
- Football lingo is mumbo jumbo to me.
- There were a bunch of foreigners speaking their Mumbo Jumbo clustered ahead of me at Customs.