Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Relating to mystics or mysticism.
- Having a spiritual significance that transcends human understanding.
2012 January 1, Stephen Ledoux, “Behaviorism at 100”, in American Scientist, volume 100, number 1, page 60:
- Becoming more aware of the progress that scientists have made on behavioral fronts can reduce the risk that other natural scientists will resort to mystical agential accounts when they exceed the limits of their own disciplinary training.
- Inspiring a sense of spiritual mystery, awe, and fascination.
relating to mystics or mysticism
- mystical in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911