Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: nay-sayer
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈneɪ.ˌseɪ.ə(ɹ)/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈneɪ.ˌseɪ.ɚ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: nay‧say‧er
naysayer (plural naysayers)
- One who consistently denies, criticizes, or doubts; a detractor.
- He ignored the naysayers and succeeded with his idea.
- 2022 January 12, Nigel Harris, “Comment: Unhappy start to 2022”, in RAIL, number 948, page 3:
- As for the IRP, Secretary of State Grant Shapps continues to peddle snake oil, smoke and mirrors. His reaction to near-universal IRP condemnation from politicians, local and national media, and all but a few rail specialists was to dismiss the lot of us (in the condescending and patronising tone we have now come to expect) as "critics and naysayers".