- Resembling or characteristic of a nebbish
- 1988 August 26, Lawrence Bommer, “The Book of Blanche”, in Chicago Reader:
- Jeff Johnson's nebbishy Blanche, for example, is a complete comic character, a demented Dorothy (a la Martin Short) who can write her way back to Kansas.
- 2011, Peter L. Bergen, The Longest War:
- As we have seen, one of the intellectual architects of that war was Sayyid Qutb, a nebbishy Egyptian writer with a Hitler mustache who arrived in the placid town of Greeley, Colorado, in 1949 to attend college.