negative Nancy (plural negative Nancies)
- (pejorative, informal) A person who is considered excessively and disagreeably pessimistic.
- 2001, Sara Jane Sluke, Vanessa Torres, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Dealing with Stress for Teens
- "Be wary of being a Negative Nancy."
- 2002, Angela Winters, Dangerous Memories - Page 133
- "You're being negative Nancy today,"
- Date uncertain, B. Jain Publishers, Cosmic Love - Page 15
- "Finally, if you tell a Negative Nancy about your secret plans, she might doubt that you'll get your heart's desire."
person who is considered excessively pessimistic
- Mandarin: please add this translation if you can
- Finnish: negatiivinen niilo (rare)
- French: please add this translation if you can
- Russian: please add this translation if you can
- Spanish: please add this translation if you can