Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
neighbourhood (countable and uncountable, plural neighbourhoods)
- (British spelling) alternative form of neighborhood
- 1960 February, R. C. Riley, “The London-Birmingham services - Past, Present and Future”, in Trains Illustrated, page 99:
- Camden motive power depot has been much criticised for its emission of smoke in a residential neighbourhood and its complete dieselisation is rapidly taking place.
- 2011, Liu, Chunrong, “Contested ground: community and neighbourhood”, in Xiaowei Zang, editor, Understanding Chinese Society, Routledge, →ISBN, →LCCN, →OCLC, page 72:
- Another key event was the spontaneous mobilization of the Tiantongyuan neighbourhood in greater Beijing in 2008, which was an effort to modify the route plan of line no.5 of the Beijing subway system so that the neighbourhood could be more conveniently connected.