Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The state or quality of being neutral; the condition of being unengaged in contests between others; state of taking no part on either side; indifference.
- "Men who possess a state of neutrality in times of public danger, desert the interest of their fellow subjects." -Addison.
- (obsolete) Indifference in quality; a state neither very good nor bad.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of John Donne to this entry?)
- (chemistry): The quality or state of being neutral.
- (international law) The condition of a nation or government which refrains from taking part, directly or indirectly, in a war between other powers.
- Those who are neutral; a combination of neutral powers or states.
state of being neutral; taking no part on either side
those who are neutral