- Rhymes: -ɪʃ
- (Britain, slang) nothing.
- 1998 March 4, Janie Lawrence, quoting Ian Dury, “The Dury's Out”, in The Independent:
- If you like the director you do it for nish, so Marcus Thompson got us all to do it for nothing.
- 2017, Dreda Say Mitchell, Blood Mother: Flesh and Blood Trilogy Book Two, Hachette UK (→ISBN)
- I've got nish to say to you. You can save your breath.
- 2017 September 20, Liam Gallagher, BBC Backstage Music Pass:
- These fucking little smart arses download fucking tunes for nish.
- “indossa” in Dictionary of the Irish Language, Royal Irish Academy, 1913–76.