Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: non-linear
nonlinear (not comparable)
- (of a set of points) Not lying on a straight line.
- (chemistry, of a molecule) Whose atoms do not lie in a straight line.
- (mathematics, of a function) Having a product of independent variables, or a variable with an exponent not equal to one.
- (of a system) Whose output is not directly proportional to its input.
- Erratic and unpredictable; tending to jump back and forth.
- a film with a nonlinear plot
of a set of points: not lying on a straight line
mathematics, of a function
of a system: whose output is not directly proportional to its input