See also: Notation
- (uncountable) The act, process, method, or an instance of representing by a system or set of marks, signs, figures, or characters.
- (uncountable) A system of characters, symbols, or abbreviated expressions used in an art or science or in mathematics or logic to express technical facts or quantities.
- (countable) A specific note or piece of information written in such a notation.
- She made a notation in the margin of the book.
Hyponyms of notation
act or process of representing by a system or set of marks, signs, figures or characters
system of characters, symbols or abbreviated expressions used to express technical facts or quantities
specific note or piece of information written in such a notation
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
notation f (plural notations)
- rating (evaluation of status)