Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Nutcracker
nutcracker (plural nutcrackers)
- An implement for cracking nuts.
- (ornithology) Either of two birds of the genus Nucifraga in the crow family.
- (US) A drink made from a blend of alcohols and fruit juices.
- 2019 August 17, Aaron Randle, “Banned on the Beach? It’s Still Nutcracker Summer”, in New York Times:
- The colorful bottles have popped up every summer in black and Hispanic communities — from the bodegas of Washington Heights to the stoops of Fort Greene — since the early 1990s. On beach boardwalks, at neighborhood basketball courts and block parties, New Yorkers are drinking nutcrackers, boozy homespun cocktails made from a blend of alcohol and fruit juices.
- Clark's nutcracker (Nucifraga columbiana)
- spotted nutcracker, Eurasian nutcracker (Nucifraga caryocatactes)
implement for cracking nuts
bird of the genus Nucifraga