Jump to navigation Jump to search
objectless (not comparable)
- Without a purpose.
- 1843, Various, Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine - April 1843:
- You cannot imagine, dearest, how dreary is this idle objectless life to me; with nothing to employ me--not even correspondence.
- 1893, Annie Besant, Annie Besant:
- You assume, I think quite gratuitously, that God condemns the major part of His children to objectless future suffering.
- 1910, Basil King, The Wild Olive:
- For the moment it was a blind, objectless passion, directed against nothing and no one in particular.
- (grammar) Without a grammatical object.