Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The fear or hatred of wine; anxiety related to wine.
- 1997 February 17, Tony Hendra, “Best Cellars”, in New York, page 48:
- You open it randomly, hit several pages devoted to "Cote de Nuits" alone, and go into advanced hypertensive oenophobia (wine-sticker shock).
- 2006 October 3, Larry Lipson, “Wineline For The Republic Of Sauvignon Blanc Fanciers”, in Daily News, Los Angeles:
- A new wine club called 600 Grapes asks us if we suffer from "oenophobia" -- a fear of wine.
- 2007 November 14, Karen Page, Andrew Dornenburg, “With These Strategies, Pick Your Pour”, in The Washington Post:
- Even avid wine lovers can be struck with a temporary case of oenophobia -- fear of wine -- around Thanksgiving.