Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈpoʊzd/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈpəʊzd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: op‧posed
- Acting in opposition; opposing.
- Being, of having an opponent; not unopposed.
- 1962 December, “The B.R. standard diesel-electric Type 1 locomotive”, in Modern Railways, page 381:
- The diagonally opposed driving positions in the cab are identical.
acting in opposition; opposing
being, of having an opponent; not unopposed
- simple past tense and past participle of oppose