Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Middle French ordination, from Old French ordinacion, from Latin ordinatio.
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
ordination (countable and uncountable, plural ordinations)
- The act of ordaining or the state of being ordained.
- (Christianity) The ceremony in which a priest is consecrated, considered a sacrament in the Catholic and Orthodox churches.
- (Buddhism) the ceremony in which a bhikkhu or bhikkhuni is ordained into the sangha
act of ordaining
ordination f (plural ordinations)
- “ordination”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
- English terms derived from Middle French
- English terms derived from Old French
- English terms derived from Latin
- Rhymes:English/eɪʃən/4 syllables
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- French terms with audio links
- French lemmas
- French nouns
- French countable nouns
- French feminine nouns