Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Characterized by fullness, clarity, strength, and smoothness of sound.
- Pompous; bombastic.
- 1990, Robert Klitgaard, Tropical Gangsters: One Man's Experience with Development and Decadence in Deepest Africa:
- In orotund turns of phrase—indeed, in spiraling helices of phrase; in snarled fishing lines of phrase; in endless small intestines of phrase--the speakers ingeniously explored and invented connections between qwerty, alphabetical filing, and socioeconomic advance.
- (fullness of sound): sonorous; see also Thesaurus:sonorous
- (pompous): pompous; see also Thesaurus:arrogant
with fullness, clarity, strength, and smoothness of sound