- plural of
- Other people.
- I treat others like I treat myself.
- Those remaining after one or more people or items have left, or done something else, or been excluded.
- 1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 4, in The Celebrity:
- The Celebrity, by arts unknown, induced Mrs. Judge Short and two other ladies to call at Mohair on an afternoon when Mr. Cooke was trying a trotter on the track. […] Their example was followed by others at a time when the master of Mohair was superintending in person the docking of some two-year-olds, and equally invisible.
- Two decided to hide, the others surrendered. I kept two special jars and threw away all the others.
those remaining after something has been excluded
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of other