out of control
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Not under control.
- The economy is out of control and is headed for a crash.
- 2023 July 7, “UN says climate change ‘out of control’ after likely hottest week on record”, in The Guardian, →ISSN:
- The UN secretary general has said that “climate change is out of control”, as an unofficial analysis of data showed that average world temperatures in the seven days to Wednesday were the hottest week on record.
- Not controllable.
- The airplane went out of control after its flight-control system failed.
- 1944 November and December, “Notes and News: Bufferstop Collisions in Northern Ireland”, in Railway Magazine, page 370:
- A coal train running into Bangor got out of control, with the result that the engine crashed through the buffers, and the leading bogie and driving wheels mounted the platform beyond.
- Not in control of one's actions.
- Your children are completely out of control. Can you stop them running around like that?
- 2022 September 11 [2022 September 9], Hsin-fang Lee, Jonathan Chin, “Letter calls for Taiwan’s UN inclusion”, in Taipei Times, archived from the original on 11 September 2022, Front Page:
- “The time is now for the United Nations and the rest of the world to jointly stand up against China and its lawless and out-of-control bullying of Taiwan,” they said, adding: “Enough is Enough.”