Jump to navigation Jump to search
outpatient (plural outpatients)
- (healthcare) A patient who receives treatment at a hospital or clinic but is not admitted overnight; a receiver of ambulatory care.
outpatient (not comparable)
- (healthcare) Provided without requiring an overnight stay by the patient.
- 1991, Proceedings of the Commission on the Future Structure of Veterans Health Care, page 1174:
- MR. MILLER: It is more outpatient than it is inpatient.
- 1994 June 6, “Huntington Hospital Plans Renovation Project Construction is Expected to be Completed within Two Years”, in Fort Wayne News Sentinel:
- The changes are necessary because "health care is going more outpatient than inpatient," Whitacre said.
- 1998 August 23, “Public Health Officer Warns of Risks of Liposuction”, in Los Angeles Times:
- It is outpatient and prepaid.