Jump to navigation Jump to search
- simple past tense and past participle of .
- The accused's stubborn silence outraged the prosecutor.
- 1918, W[illiam] B[abington] Maxwell, chapter XXII, in The Mirror and the Lamp, Indianapolis, Ind.: The Bobbs-Merrill Company, OCLC 4293071:
- Not unnaturally, “Auntie” took this communication in bad part. Thus outraged, she showed herself to be a bold as well as a furious virago. Next day she found her way to their lodgings and tried to recover her ward by the hair of the head.
- 1964 September, G. Freeman Allen, “Interim report on the East Coast Route express service”, in Modern Railways, page 160:
- Not only were there outraged verbal protests when the Hull-Kings Cross through portions were cut, [...] traffic seriously declined.