Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To withdraw more money from an account than there is credit; to make an overdraft
- (archery) To use a device for shooting arrows shorter than the draw of the bow.
withdraw more money from an account than there is credit
overdraw (plural overdraws)
- Commonly described in graphics technical terms as the process by which during the rendering of a scene, a pixel at a given X,Y location in the final image is replaced by one which is closer to the view point than the existing pixel as determined by their corresponding Z values.
- A value determining/describing “Overdraw” or “Overdraw factor” is commonly the number of times each pixel would have been overwritten in the course of rendering averaged over a given frame or series of frames.
- overdraw in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- overdraw in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913