Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To watch over.
- (transitive) To watch excessively.
- (transitive, obsolete) To overcome with long lack of rest.
- (military) The supervision of one unit or vehicle by another while the supervised unit is firing or moving.
- 2007 September 11, Michael R. Gordon, “Petraeus Sees Bigger Role in Protecting Iraqi Civilians”, in New York Times:
- At a further and undefined point in the future, the American force would shrink to about seven and later five brigades — all involved in overwatch missions.