Jump to navigation Jump to search
pallial (not comparable)
- Of, pertaining to, or produced by a mantle, especially the mantle of mollusks.
- the pallial line, or impression, which marks the attachment of the mantle on the inner surface of a bivalve shell
- 1859, Various, Journal of the Proceedings of the Linnean Society - Vol. 3:
- Along a line nearly corresponding with the horny band which proceeds from the insertions of the shell-muscles and encircles the mantle below, the pallial wall is produced inwards and forwards into a membranous fold or ligament, which I will call the pallio-visceral ligament; and this pallio-visceral ligament becoming attached to various viscera, divides the great fifth chamber into an anterior inferior, and a posterior superior portion, which communicate freely with one another.
- Of or relating to the pallium.