Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpeɪpɚz/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpeɪpəz/
Audio (US) (file)
- plural of .
- (plural only) Official documents or identification, as a passport.
2013 January 1, Brian Hayes, “Father of Fractals”, American Scientist, volume 101, number 1, page 62:
- Toward the end of the war, Benoit was sent off on his own with forged papers; he wound up working as a horse groom at a chalet in the Loire valley. Mandelbrot describes this harrowing youth with great sangfroid.
- He lost his papers while travelling and had a hard time getting home.
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of paper