Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Paramount
paramount (not comparable)
- Supreme; highest; chief.
- 1622, Francis, Lord Verulam, Viscount St. Alban [i.e. Francis Bacon], The Historie of the Raigne of King Henry the Seventh, […], London: Printed by W[illiam] Stansby for Matthew Lownes, and William Barret, OCLC 1086746628:
- a traitor paramount
- 1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 20, in The China Governess:
- The story struck the depressingly familiar note with which true stories ring in the tried ears of experienced policemen. […] The second note, the high alarum, not so familiar and always important since it indicates the paramount sin in Man's private calendar, took most of them by surprise although they had been well prepared.
- Of the highest importance.
- Getting those credit cards paid off is paramount.
of the highest importance
paramount (plural paramounts)