paritor (plural paritors)
- Obsolete form of apparitor.
- summoned by an host of paritors
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for paritor in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- second-person singular future passive imperative of
- third-person singular future passive imperative of
- paritor in Charlton T. Lewis and Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- du Cange, Charles (1883), “paritor”, in G. A. Louis Henschel, Pierre Carpentier, Léopold Favre, editors, Glossarium Mediæ et Infimæ Latinitatis (in Latin), Niort: L. Favre
- paritor in Gaffiot, Félix (1934) Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français [Illustrated Latin-French Dictionary], Hachette