Jump to navigation Jump to search
- parlour (British)
parlor (plural parlors)
- The living room of a house, or a room for entertaining guests; a room for talking; a sitting-room or drawing room
- (archaic) The apartment in a monastery or nunnery where the residents are permitted to meet and converse with each other or with visitors from the outside.
- (archaic) A comfortable room in a public house.
- (chiefly Southern US) A covered open-air patio.
- A shop or other business selling goods specified by context.
- A shed used for milking cattle.
room for talking, room for entertaining guests, living room
shed used for milking cattle
- parlor in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- parlor in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- parlor at OneLook Dictionary Search
- Hyphenation: par‧lor