From the brand name Passion Pop.
passion pop (uncountable)
- (Australia, informal) Any very cheap, fruity sparkling wine.
1997 May 15, julian higginson, “Vault Nightclub Sydney Australia”, in aus.culture.gothic, Usenet:
- well... that is a bit expensive, but since its BYO you can save money by drinking passion pop.....
- 2002, Markus Zusak, The Messenger, page 38,
- We sit there, drinking some suburban cheap-shit passion-pop alcohol she brought, and I rub my feet on the Doorman.
2005 May 23, ^Temuchin^, “OT: Not all Olympians are reluctant to give urine samples”, in aus.sport.rugby-league, Usenet:
- She must be used to pretty rough champagne if she can drink a glass of wiz and think it is champagne. Not even passion pop is that rough.