From the Bible Book of Job where Job demonstrated faith and patience with God while suffering many severe trials. First mentioned in the Bible as such in James 5.11
patience of Job (uncountable)
- (idiomatic) A great amount of patience.
- From the Bible, James Ch.5 V.11
- You have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the Lord in the outcome, and how the Lord is full of compassion and mercy.
- 2004, "Takes two to quango", The Guardian, March 30
- The interference ... that LSC staff have had to endure from the department's civil servants would have tried the patience of Job.