Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A slim skirt (clothing) with a straight and narrow cut, usually approximately knee-length.
- Anna decided to wear a black pencil skirt with her blue blouse that day to work.
- 2004, Kate Betts, "Into the Wild", Time, 1 Nov 2004:
- And for Italian sportswear giant MaxMara, the cornerstone of the show was a crisp khaki safari jacket shown over a pencil skirt.
- 2011, Grace Dent, The Guardian, 12 Feb 2011:
- For a long while I said any girl could get through round one of MasterChef simply by turning up in a pencil skirt and making a fried Nutella sandwich with condensed milk and an expression that says, "I like older men with no hair".