Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Peptide
peptide (plural peptides)
- (organic chemistry) A class of organic compounds consisting of various numbers of amino acids in which the amine of one is reacted with the carboxylic acid of the next to form an amide bond.
- 2004, Harold McGee, chapter 1, in On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen, Scribner, →ISBN:
- When it’s digested, its long amino-acid chains are first broken down into smaller fragments, or peptides. It turns out that many hormones and drugs are also peptides, and a number of casein peptides do affect the body in hormone-like ways.
- (chemistry) The peptide bond itself.
- See also Thesaurus:peptide
class of organic compounds
peptide m (plural peptides)
- “peptide” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
peptide m (plural peptidi)