Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- the use of physical concussion, a knock or a tap, in an attempt to make a malfunctioning device work.
- 1996 Alex Law, "Benz touts hydrogen-based fuel cell," The Toronto Star
- Early trips reported trouble that seemed to be fixed by using a wrench to apply repeated doses of percussive maintenance.
- 2002 Adam Turner, "Multi-function Devices 'present Untapped Opportunities'," Sydney Morning Herald
- There was a time when all that was required to use the office copier, printer or fax machine was the ability to fish out paper jams and a knack for percussive maintenance — known in layman's terms as a good hard thump.