Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /pɚˈfɔɹmɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /pəˈfɔːmɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)mɪŋ
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: per‧form‧ing
- present participle of perform
- 2021 October 20, Industry Insider, “The wheels turn slowly”, in RAIL, number 942, page 68:
- The greatest recovery was recorded by London Overground, where the level of journeys was at 55.9% of that recorded two years previously. ScotRail (32.2%) was the lowest-performing operator.
performing (plural performings)
- A performance.
- 1856, Ralph Waldo Emerson, English traits, page 248:
- Yet the misfortune of his life, his vast attempts but most inadequate performings, failing to accomplish any one masterpiece, seems to mark the closing of an era.
- English terms suffixed with -ing
- English 3-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- Rhymes:English/ɔː(ɹ)mɪŋ/3 syllables
- English terms with audio links
- English non-lemma forms
- English verb forms
- English terms with quotations
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English countable nouns