- perpetuall (obsolete)
- (General American) IPA(key): /pɚˈpɛtʃuəl/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /pəˈpɛtʃʊəl/, /pəˈpɛtjʊəl/
- Hyphenation: per‧pet‧u‧al
Audio (US) (file)
perpetual (not comparable)
- Lasting forever, or for an indefinitely long time
- Set up to be in effect or have tenure for an unlimited duration
- Continuing uninterrupted
- Flowering throughout the growing season
- By means of artificial hybridization, practised for a series of years, he has succeeded in producing a race of carnations which are perpetual bloomers.
- The hybrid perpetual roses as a rule require to be pruned to within 4 to 6 inches of the ground.
flowering throughout the growing season
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
perpetual (masculine and feminine plural perpetuals)