Jump to navigation Jump to search
persistent + -ly
persistently (comparative more persistently, superlative most persistently)
- In a persistent manner.
- The small girl persistently asked her father to buy her the doll.
- 1983, Richard Ellis, The Book of Sharks, Knopf, →ISBN, page 38:
- One of the most persistently held beliefs about sharks is that they have to stay in motion to stay alive.
- ceaselessly, incessantly, nonstop; see also Thesaurus:continuously
in a persistent manner
- persistently in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911
- persistently in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913