Jump to navigation Jump to search
- picknick (archaic)
picnic (plural picnics)
- An informal social gathering, usually in a natural outdoor setting, to which the participants bring their own food and drink.
- We went out for a picnic in the forest.
- The meal eaten at such a gathering.
- (figuratively) An easy or pleasant task.
- Synonym: piece of cake
- We remind the guests that dealing with this problem is no picnic, and to be patient.
- 1936, Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind
- "Don't put your hand on me," said Uncle Henry irritably. "I'm crawling with lice. War would be a picnic if it wasn't for lice and dysentery. […]
- (obsolete) An entertainment at which each person contributed some dish to a common table.
a meal eaten outdoors
an easy or pleasant task
- To eat a picnic.
picnic m (invariable)
- picnic (outdoor meal)
picnic m (plural picnics)
- Misspelling of pícnic.