Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: pitstop
- (motor racing) A stop made during an automobile race at the pit to refuel and perform other periodic maintenance on the vehicle.
2012 May 13, Andrew Benson, “Williams's Pastor Maldonado takes landmark Spanish Grand Prix win”, in BBC Sport:
- Alonso and Ferrari may well privately regret the decision to delay their second pit stop until two laps after Maldonado made his on the 24th of 66 laps.
- A brief stop for fuel, rest and/or refreshment during an automobile journey.
- A stop during any pedestrian or automobile travel for any utilitarian personal purpose, especially use of a bathroom.
- A place that offers food, beverages, and other goods and services for those stopping on an automobile journey.
- A utilitarian stop on a figurative journey.
stop made during an automobile race at the pit to refuel
brief stop for fuel, rest and/or refreshment during an automobile journey
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.