Jump to navigation Jump to search
playmate (plural playmates)
- A companion for someone (especially a child) to play with.
- An indulgent playmate, Grannie would lay aside the long scratchy-looking letter she was writing (heavily crossed ‘to save notepaper’) and enter into the delightful pastime of ‘a chicken from Mr Whiteley's’.
- A female who has appeared as the centerfold in Playboy magazine.
- (euphemistic) A person's lover.
- (companion for playing): playfellow
companion to play with
woman who has appeared in Playboy magazine