Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) Avoidance of expressions or actions that can be perceived to exclude, marginalize or insult people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.
- You have political correctness, we have religious correctness.
- 2002, Christopher Hitchens, The Atlantic
- I mean, people who talk about political correctness as being a kind of thought police have no idea of what a thought police [sic] is. But political correctness does have the same mentality. It means that intellectual argument is doomed. Objective truth simply becomes a thing to jeer at, because obviously there's no such thing as objectivity—unless of course you're politically okay, in which case you can be objective. Any child can see through that, but many adults can't.
- (countable) The result or product of being politically correct.
being politically correct