Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Hyphenation: pom‧mel
- Rhymes: -ɒməl
pommel (plural pommels)
- The upper front brow of a saddle.
- Either of the rounded handles on a pommel horse.
- The knob on the hilt of an edged weapon such as a sword.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Macaulay to this entry?)
- A knob forming the finial of a turret or pavilion.
The upper front brow of a saddle
Either of the rounded handles on a pommel horse
The knob on the hilt of an edged weapon such as a sword
A knob forming the finial of a turret or pavilion
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked