Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: postdaté
- (transitive) To occur after an event or time; to exist later on in time
- (transitive) To assign an effective date to a document or action later than the actual date
- to postdate a contract, that is, to date it later than the time when it was in fact made
- (transitive) To affix a date to after the event.
- (to exist later on in time): predate; see also Thesaurus:predate
- (to assign a date later than the actual date): predate; see also Thesaurus:backdate
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
postdate (not comparable)
postdate (plural postdates)
- A date on a document later than the real date on which it was written.