Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Britain) To potter, to be gently active doing various things in an almost aimless manner.
- I like to relax pottering about the house doing this and that at the weekends.
- 1835, Dorah Mahony, Six Months in a House of Correction:
- So after "pottering about" and "daudling" a little, we moved up State Street, still attended by the same honorary retinue.
- 1884, Hartmann Henry Sultzberger, editor, All about Opium, page 176:
- Each man helps himself, potters about the little place, and lounges on the bed with perfect freedom, as if in the habit of doing the same thing nightly, and so periodically reimbursed the landlord in a lump sum.