Jump to navigation Jump to search
- powrefully (obsolete)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpaʊəf(ə)li/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpaʊɚf(ə)li/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: pow‧er‧ful‧ly
- In a powerful manner.
- 2011 October 1, Phil McNulty, “Everton 0 - 2 Liverpool”, in BBC Sport:
- Little had been seen of £35m man Carroll until just after the restart when he twice rose powerfully to meet corners, forcing Louis Saha to clear acrobatically off the line and Howard to save low at his post.
in a powerful manner