See also: précaution
Audio (US) (file)
- Previous caution or care; caution previously employed to prevent misfortune or to secure good
- his life was saved by precaution
- John Henry Newman
- The ancient philosophers treasured up their supposed discoveries with miserable precaution.
- A measure taken beforehand to ward off evil or secure good or success; a precautionary act.
- to take precautions against risks of accident
Previous caution or care
A measure taken beforehand to ward off evil or secure good or success
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
To warn or caution beforehand