Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- So precious as not to be sold at any price.
- Treasured; held in high regard.
2011 October 1, Saj Chowdhury, “Wolverhampton 1 - 2 Newcastle”, in BBC Sport:
- Alan Pardew's current squad has been put together with a relatively low budget but the resolve and unity within the team is priceless.
- (informal) Hilariously amusing.
- (obsolete) Of no value; worthless.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of J. Barlow to this entry?)
so precious as not to be sold at any price