Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To inflate with air.
- We puffed up the balloons.
- (transitive, intransitive) To fluff up, such as an animal raising its fur or feathers to appear larger or conserve body heat.
- Small birds puff up while sleeping to keep warm.
- The angry cat hissed and puffed up its fur.
- (intransitive) To swell due to injury or illness.
- My hand puffed up where the cat had scratched me.
- To become proud. (Often written as puffed up with pride.)
to become fluffy